Thursday, June 26, 2008

...... darn! the man and the dogs didn't show up... I probably would have gotten bitten anyway.

We left this morning at 11 am (GA Time.... 8 am PT)

We bought gas at Moses Lake for $4.79 a gallon.

I woke up not breathing so well this morning and had to take antihistamine. I had to use my inhaler... I don't have to use it very often. My breathing improved, but I was sleepy from the antihistamine and slept through Spokane. I asked Frank what I missed and he said nothing except for 14 miles on the fence it told what crops were being grown in the fields... I wish he had awakened me.

We stopped at a rest area along the way and I got a cup of coffee and woke up a bit. A lot of pretty scenery in Idaho and Montana. The mountains are beautiful. Some have just a bit of snow on them.

We stopped in Kingston Idaho and got gas at $4.72 a gallon.

We arrived at St. Regis Campground at St. Regis Montana at 4:45 pm (GA Time... 2:45 pm Mt. Time)... time zone change again. This is a nice park. It has been windy and the temps in the mid 70s.... comfortable except for the wind. The manager of the park said that cottonwood trees are blooming... hopefully our allergies will only be mild here. She also told us there was still snow on the ground just two weeks ago and 91 degrees last week ! Maybe it was a good thing we traveled so slow!

We have WiFi here, but the signal is too far away for it to work. Frank managed to find out enough information with his Streets and Trips program and our campground books to figure out where we will stay the next few days. He made a couple of reservations being it is so close to the fourth of July holiday.

We traveled 237 miles today.

No comments: