Saturday, June 07, 2008

A day of mostly rest. This morning I deleted a bunch of stuff from the computer and Frank printed out a bunch of stuff... after dinner a disk cleanup and defrag of the computer.


Dinner today was Slum Goody and corn muffins. I upped the temperature on the oven and the muffins turned out much better. A bit of a delay in cooking them. The owner of the campground (Sleepy Hollow) wanted to check some of the electrical boxes... so no electricity for a while.


Thoughts of Uncle Henry and Aunt Zell came to mind... while the owner of Sleepy Hollow was checking out the electrical box at our site a man came up to him that wanted a site for a couple of nights while he got the contents of his trailer in order (and then move on to Oregon). His trailer is in the campground about two miles down the road. The campground down the road has new owners who have been evicting a lot of tenants. The owner of Sleepy Hollow said he would have to check with his wife... she is the one that takes care of reservations and he didn't know if anyone was coming in. Sounds like Uncle Henry handing things over to Aunt Zell. The owner called his wife and she came down and talked to the man at their office... I wish I could have heard that conversation :-) The man left and she came down and told her husband that she told the man that they didn't have a place for him. She said the man started telling her about the problems in the other campground and how he reported to whoever about not enough amperage in the electrical hooksups... she said she decided right then and there that he wasn't going to be staying in their campground... she already had one of "those" people.


Frank to talked to his folks this morning and I talked to Mama. They had a bit of a hard time hearing us. For the most part we could hear them just fine... not bad for not even one bar showing on the phone.


Frank has talked to a lot of people here and could say more about them than I could. Most are interesting. The one I remember most is Jorgen Jorgenson... said he had cursed his parents 65 years for that :-) He will move into the spot we are in next week for at least a year. He told us that he had checked out the other campground and no way would he stay there.


The county the town of Willit is in is the marijuana capital of California. Riding through town the people look like the Hippies from long ago.


After dinner cleanup and tea making I took my camera out and chased birds. I don't have a lot of good pictures, but some I'm proud to have gotten. I've never seen a Green Heron in person. I didn't get pictures of the proud parents, but I got pictures of three of the chicks. They look like they are ready to leave the nest. I did get a couple of so-so pictures of a Mallard Duck.

No comments: