Sunday, July 20, 2008

We left Bull Shoals at 9:51 am (GA Time... 8:51 am CT) this morning. We had to stop by and talk with the fishermen down at the Trout Dock before leaving, so a few minutes later leaving this morning... no one was having any luck with the fish .


We stopped at Mountain Home Arkansas at the Wal-Mart to exchange the Jack Benny dvd... don't know yet if the replacement works.


I've had a sinus headache most of the day. I took antihistimine and tylenol this morning, but all it did was make me sleepy. I slept off and on all day.


We left the Ozark Mountains and crossed into the land of Kudzu vines. We passed pastures and acres of corn, millet, rice, beans and cotton. There was a lot of traffic.... even more around Memphis Tennessee. It was nothing like Denver Colorado though.


We stopped at a Wal-Mart in Trumann Arkansas for gas at $4.60 a gallon with shopping card. We stopped somewhere after that for dinner at Wendy's. Neither one of us can remember the name of the town.


Our arrival time at Campground at Barnes Crossing, Tupelo Mississippi was 5:30 pm (GA Time... 4:30 pm CT).


We got set up and while the ac was cooling the trailer down we went to take our showers. The shower eased my headache. During my shower I thought I spotted a tick on my thigh, but without my glasses I couldn't tell for sure. Back at the trailer I got my glasses on and got the magnifying glass out... yep, a tiny tick. I thought all that itching with my legs might have been chiggers... but the culprits were tiny seed ticks. I had Frank inspect me and he found a few more ticks and I got a few off of him. Some of them were so tiny that you could only tell they were a tick with the magnifying glass.


A ham sandwich was eaten and we've watched a bit of cable tv.


We traveled 320 miles today.

No comments: