Sunday, July 13, 2008

We departed USAF Academy at Colorado Springs Colorado at about 10:30 am (GA time... 8:30 am MT).


A day of rolling prairie scenery with cattle and horses... then farmlands of corn and wheat. We saw a coyote just past Silma Colorado.


We bought gas in Stratton Colorado at $4.86 a gallon.


We stopped at the welcome center of Kansas for a break and a cup of coffee. Pretty good coffee, but not as good as what Zarone gave us.. I think I'm spoiled with that coffee. We snacked on ginger snaps with the coffee... only 63 more miles before our stop for the night.


We arrived at High Plains Campground in Oakley Kansas at about 3:40 (GA time... 2:40 CT)... changed time zones again.


After setting up the trailer I heated up the leftover stew from last night. I poured some Crystal Hot Sauce in it before heating... almost put too much for me.


Then shower time. The water here is very soft and I'm not sure I got all the shampoo out of my hair.... I didn't even use a dime's spot of shampoo.


Now it is time for rest.... tomorrow we'll be heading towards Ft. Supply Oklahoma.


We traveled 242 miles today.

No comments: