Saturday, July 19, 2008

This morning I woke up.. grabbed a cup of coffee and went down to the Trout Dock. The young man.. of the cute couple ( I think he said his name was Lee Sterling... maybe Brown was his last name.. the III) was down there fishing. He said he and his wife, Amanda, didn't make the cruise last night. She fell and sprang her ankle before they boarded. He said they were tied at 5 fish each.. I think that was for there whole stay. They left for home, Houston Texas, today.


Slim.. the fishing guide was down there fishing too. He told me a bunch of stories.... it is hard to get a word in when he is talking. The man that works at the Trout Dock was knocking down the spider webs off the side of the building. So Slim had to tell me how his girlfriend, Nancy, takes spider webs and tranfers them to paper and then to gourds and vases and sells them. It sounds like a neat craft. I heard how terantulus lay eggs and such. He is a colorful character.


We fished a while with no luck. Then I cooked dinner of hamburger steakettes and rice.


We watched more of a Jack Benny dvd after dinner. I think the set has four disc... and only one of them worked.


After watching the show Frank straighten the truck up some and I swept the floors of the trailer and wiped over them.


Frank called his folks... I don't really know what they talked about. I had walked down to the dock area and there were some beautiful swallowtail butterflies down there. I came back to get my camera... when I got down to the dock I realized I didn't have a card in the camera... so back to the trailer. When I got back down to the dock only one of the male butterflies was there.. the female and other male had flown away. A smaller butterfly lit nearby and I took pictures of it too. I think it was a type of hairstreak. There was another butterfly species too, but I can't think of the species name.


It was very hot out and I almost got overheated going back and forth. I edited a few pictures when I came back to the trailer. Then Frank and I went for a drive video taping the park.


We tried to watch more Jack Benny, but the dvd didn't work. We watched a bit of Rin-Tin-Tin.... this one was a bit before our time. It was designed for the weekly series at the theater.


Frank then updated some of his paperwork and I transferred pictures to the computer and to a dvd.


At about 6:30 pm we went back over to the Trout Dock area and fished. I called Mama. She seemed to be doing okay. She said the therapist was working with her on getting up and down the steps of the house.


My line got tangled in with Frank's while I was talking with Mama, so Frank took my line out the water. The mist started covering the river while I was talking to Mama. It felt cool.


After talking with Mama I fished for a while. All we caught was more of the green, green weed. Frank had another fish given to him.


This trip I caught one fish and Frank got 4 fish given to him... hmm... seems like his way was a lot easier :-D


Showers are taken and we are tired. It will be a long day tomorrow, so time to say good night.

No comments: