Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I awakened to flashing lights and booming.... and the trailer was rocking from the gusty wind. I thought thunderstorms were happening. For some reason it got very windy... we have no tv reception for news and the radio stations don't seem to have any news. Anyway we figured out this morning that the booming was artillery fire from Ft. Sill. I'm not sure what the flashing lights were.


I fixed us a big breakfast of scrambled eggs and grits... we had leftover pancakes with jelly too.


We rode around and took more pictures and more pictures. I'm trying to get them copied onto a disc, but the computer isn't cooperating.. I'll try again tomorrow.


We we were taking pictures at one place and Frank looked down and there was a snake. We went by the visitors center and Frank looked it up... a Bull Snake is what it was. At the same place we saw what we thought was a Loggerhead Shrike, but looking at the bird book that isn't what it is and I can't figure out what it is... beautiful bird.


It is a good thing we ate well this morning... our dinner didn't happen until almost 2:30 central time. We shared the leftover pork chop and I added stewed tomatoes and onions to the lima beans and corn and some Sazon seasoning... served it over rice.... it was good. It was the first time I tried the seasoning... thanks to Didi for telling me about it.


We did the dishes and then headed out filming the campground stopping to take our showers amid filming.


We then went looking for Elk with no luck. We stopped at one of the dams, Quanta Parker, and enjoyed the beauty and of course took more pictures.


I think the most beautiful thing we saw today was a baby buffalo. It looked like it wasn't very old. It would walk a few steps and then lie down and fall asleep and a few minutes later the same would be repeated.


It is almost 8 pm central time and raining. We're trying to figure out the weather by listening to the weather radio... so hard to understand. Maybe we'll have a tv next stop.


We enjoyed our time here and wish we could spend a month enjoying all the animals and scenery here... but time to travel again.

No comments: