Saturday, May 17, 2008

Frank fixed us a good breakfast of a ham omelets and grits. We did the dishes and then I called Mama. Frank looked some at the antenna/booster... nothing new on that.


We walked a bit around the campground.... hoping to get a picture of an oriole. I might have one picture that isn't blurry :-) We saw a pair of Loggerhead Shrikes again. We saw a beautiful Red-Headed Woodpecker. There were Killdeer, Red-Winged Blackbirds and of course the geese. I saw a red bird flying tree top level.... I have no idea what type of bird it was. We saw a pair of Great Crested Flycatchers and several orioles near our camping area. All flying behind leaves and limbs hiding from us.


We fixed dinner of hamburgers in gravy, mashed potatoes and green peas. I tried to make a stove top biscuit, but dried them out a little much.


More dishes to do and then I cleaned the trailer a bit... vacuuming ( the stick vac doesn't pick up that much), sweeping and mopping with a rag. I can't get down on my knees so leaning over was a bit of a chore.


Frank is reading and I'm catching up on the journal. I think Frank planned where we will stay tomorrow night while I finished mopping and napped in my chair.


This afternoon I edited pictures... no oriole. I tried again later, but they are avoiding me. I did get a sorta decent photo of a Western Kingbird. When I was looking for the orioles I saw some Grackles... not sure which species of them. The sun made the back of one's neck look blue. They see the camera and fly off too. I need to set up a blind so I can get decent bird shots :-)


Showers are taken. These showers are like the last campground's... you push a button and the water flows for maybe 10 seconds. Warm water was scarce this evening. I washed my hair and it was a pain to rinse it.


Frank is piddling around outside and I'm about to do the same inside. Put some things away so there isn't so much to do in the morning. I think our next stop is Clayton New Mexico.

No comments: