Friday, May 16, 2008

I had to ask Frank what we did this morning. He swept and straightened the back of the truck and put the jack back under the seat... not easy. He read a while and then siliconed some of the window tracks of the trailer so they would slide easier. I wrote in my hard copy journal. I get to see some of the mistakes I made in this online blog that way. The editor for the blog does catch some of my spelling mistakes. I also edited some pictures to put in the Picasa album I hope it works. I'm only choosing a few pictures to share... don't want to bore y'all any more than you all ready are :-) I wish I had thought to about seeing if Frank managed to capture the double rainbow... next time :-)


By time we did all that it was time to put something together for dinner. We had bought a roast chicken from Sam's before setting out on this trip and divided it up and put it in the freezer. Today we had the breast. I heated up a can of whole green beans in the microwave... a little seasoning helps a lot.... it made that 25 cent can of green beans taste like it cost a whole dollar :-) It was a dented can from the reduced section at the commissary. I cooked some of the narrower broad noodles, added a packet of Sazon seasoning and part of a bag of cheddar melt cheese. Frank let me win the fight over the last bit of those noodles :-D


We did the dishes and walked up to the office to ask if there was an RV part supply place in the area. The lady said there was a Terry's in Woodward and gave us directions. We then packed the computer and ourselves in the truck and headed to town.


We stopped at a large Ace Hardware Store for set screws. The faucet handle is now fixed.


Frank decided to top the tank off at Wal-mart... less than $2 went in the tank... we paid $4.26 a gallon with card. We then shopped in Wal-mart. We bought valve stem caps, sam's colas, cookies :-) , canned potatoes, instant coffee (for those evenings when I just want one cup of coffee) and bread. They didn't have any of the unsweetened shredded wheat cereal, but a United Supermarket up the road did. The price on the shelf read 2/ $5.00 for Kellogg's brand, but they rang up as $4 and something each box. The cashier went and checked the price and gave us the shelf price.


Oh.. in between those two places we went to Terry's RV and I believe it had tacked onto the name "and Muffler Shop". He told Frank how to tell which part was bad and he could borrow a part from another rv... all rvs on his lot where old. The part prices he quoted seemed high to us... especially for used. We'll do without tv and hope that we can keep up with the weather via radio.


Then went went to McDonalds and bought a milkshake and I uploaded pictures and blog entries... and checked email. I think that took about an hour. Frank said it exhausted him just watching me. I thought I did it rather quickly since I don't have the hang of Picasa yet. It is faster for me to not include the pictures in the blog and a little bit better on my aging brain that can't remember things :-)


We stopped by a truck stop before heading back to camp. We used a pay phone to check what our credit card bill amount is. The truck stop lot was full of cattle and hog transport trucks. They were empty... except for the smell :-)


We went for a walk when we got back to camp. We saw a critter cross the road up ahead. A car had stopped and watch the critter cross. It was the sheriff in the car and Frank talked with him a minute. He said it was a raccoon that crossed the road and it didn't look healthy.


Next it was shower time. We saw more orioles on the walk back.

No comments: